- To maintain their quality, airtight bags should be kept in their initial packing whenever possible. Wait until you are ready to boil some tea before you open the wrapper of the tea bag
- Put the loose bags in a container that won’t let air in so the flavor will be preserved
- If you don’t have any spare containers, you may make do with plastic bags or bins.
- To prevent the tea bags from becoming exposed to light, store them in opaque containers. Invest in a container made of opaque glass to prevent your tea from becoming stale
- Label any opaque jars and containers so you don’t mix up your teas.
Why do tea bags need to be stored away from light?
Because exposure to direct light shortens the shelf life of tea and may alter its flavor, tea bags should be kept out of its reach when being stored. It is essential to store tea bags in an area that is free from moisture, whether that moisture comes in the form of real water or is just humidity in the air.
Can you store tea bags in a closet?
Because there are so many different types of closet and kitchen organizers, you will undoubtedly be able to locate one that can accommodate the storage of your tea bags. If you have a lot of tea, hanging an organizer over the door can provide you with a convenient and out-of-the-way location to keep your tea bags. Alternately, you may transform a drawer into the ideal area for storing tea.