3 1/2 cups Powdered sugar directly from the box or plastic bag weighs 4 1/2 ounces per cup; therefore, a 1-pound box (or 16 ounces) provides approximately 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
How many teaspoons are there in one cup?
How Many Cups in a Pound?
Common Teaspoon Measuring Guidelines – Are the phrases level teaspoon, rounded teaspoon, and heaping teaspoon confusing to you? If so, continue on for definitions of each phrase. Fill the teaspoon, and then use the back of the knife to level it. Assume baked recipes ask for teaspoons that are level.
- Level teaspoons are the most accurate.
- A rounded teaspoon is one that is scooped but not leveled.
- This measurement is less exact.
- The volume of a rounded teaspoon is more than that of a level teaspoon.
- For instance, sprinkle a spoonful of brown sugar over your porridge.
- You receive somewhat more sugar than if you had used a level teaspoon.
To use a heaping teaspoon, scoop the substance generously and do not level it. An additional inaccurate measurement. When full, a heaping teaspoon contains the most quantity compared to a level and rounded teaspoon.