How much sugar is in a can of Mountain Dew? Responding: Kyle Clark Created on June 12 2021 Mountain Dew (20 oz) has 19.25 teaspoons, whereas 10 oz contains 9.6 teaspoons.
How much sugar is in a Mountain Dew?
How Much Sugar Do You Consume? How much Sugar is there in the beverages you consume? The responses could surprise you! How much sugar are these popular beverages? The 4.5-tsp. Capri Sun Juice pouch.2. Coca-Cola (12 oz) – 9 1/2 tsp (12oz) 9 1/2 tsp Mountain Dew (20 oz.) contains 19.25 tsp (10 oz) 9.6 tsp.4.
- Sprite (20 oz) – 16 tsp (10 oz) 8 tsp.5.
- Vitamin Water (20 oz) – 8.25 tsp (8oz) 3 1/2 tsp.6.
- Arizona Lemon Iced Tea (24 oz) – 8.25 tsp.(8oz) 6 tsp.7.
- Snapple Lemon Iced Tea (16 ounces) – 14 1/2 teaspoons (8oz) 5 1/2 tsp.8.
- Minute Maid Lemonade (20 oz) – 16 1/2 tsp (8oz) 6 1/2 tsp.9.
- Minute Maid Orange Juice (16 oz) – 12 tsp.(8oz) 6 tsp.10.
Apple juice (16 oz) – 13 tsp (8oz) 6 1/2 tsp.
- Examine these unexpected parallels!
- The glucose in
- A 20-ounce Coca-Cola or Pepsi equals 5 Little Debbie Swiss Rolls.
A 15.2 oz bottle of Minute Maid Apple Juice is equivalent to ten Oreos.
- A 16-ounce bottle of Sunny D equals six Oreos.
- A 23-ounce can of Arizona Green Iced Tea is equivalent to twenty Hershey Kisses.
- A 20-ounce bottle of Lipton Iced Tea equals twelve Hershey Kisses.
- an 8 oz glass of skim milk = 4 Starbursts!
What is our biggest surprise? see below! a 16 oz Starbucks Iced grand Latte w 2% milk = 2.5 Krispy Kreme Donuts! a 16oz Dunkin Donuts Iced Caramel Latte Equals 3.5 Krispy Kreme Donuts! Sugar + Plaque = Decay An increasing number of individuals, particularly children, adolescents, and young adults, use sweetened beverages regularly.
- Consistent soft drink drinking is one of the primary causes of dental decay.
- Sip all day, get decay The sugar in soda reacts with microorganisms in the mouth to produce acid, which erodes teeth.
- Diet or “sugar-free” soda includes acid, which can potentially cause tooth decay.
- Each assault lasts around 20 minutes and begins again with each sip of soda.
Too much soft drinks, other carbonated beverages, sports drinks, iced and sweet teas, and other sweetened liquids can cause tooth decay and other health concerns (like fruit juices). Do not consume these beverages slowly over time. Instead, consume beverages with meals.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Sodium 60 mg||3%|
|Total Carbohydrates 46 g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 0 g||0%|
|Total Sugars 46 g|
Which soda is the sweetest?
Dean Bertoncelj/Shutterstock – The tastiest of the most popular items According to Business Insider, Mountain Dew is the beverage with the highest grams of sugar. Its devotees have dubbed it “nectar of the gods.” According to PepsiCo, there are 77 grams of added sugar per 20-ounce bottle, which is more than 18 teaspoons (via American Heart Association ).
Just a few large sips of the drink can put you well beyond the recommended daily sugar consumption. According to Caffeine Informer, the citrus-flavored carbonated thirst quencher has been in the top five most popular soft drinks in America since 2014, and Newsweek claims that the brand contributes for around $7 billion in PepsiCo sales.
Given the addictive tendency of sugar, as stated by Healthline, such high rates may not be unexpected. According to Business Insider, Cherry Coke and Wild Cherry Pepsi round out the top three most popular sugary soft drinks, behind Mountain Dew by only a few grams of sugar per serving.