Serving methods for sweet tea – Serve your sweet tea in the following manners:
- Serve unsweetened, poured over ice.
- Add fresh lemon slices.
- Include fresh mint.
- Mix equal parts sweet tea and lemonade to create an Arnold Palmer.
- Mix 4 ounces of bourbon with 12 ounces of sweet tea to create a refreshing summer drink.
Looking for some mouthwatering Southern meals to accompany your sweet tea? Try the following:
- Instant Pot Steak Country Style
- Slow-Cooker Chicken with Gravy
- Recipe for Southern Collard Greens
- French Onion Noodle Chicken Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole Southern
- Chicken with Crust
- Salisbury Hamburg er
- Slow-Cooker Southern Green Beans and Potatoes
- Cheese Instant Pot macaroni
- Baked Southern Spaghetti
If you prepare sweet tea, please leave a comment telling me how it came out. I would appreciate a response, as would my readers. Post a photo of your iced tea on Instagram or Facebook and use the hashtags #aforkstale and @aforkstale. I shall inform my fans! xoxo!
- 2 tea bags sized for a family Six smaller bags
- 8 cups of water
- 1 cup sugar for a sweeter taste, use 34 cup
- ▢ ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Take boiling water off the heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda (optional
- see notes) until dissolved.
- Add two tea bags of the family size to the water. Steep the tea for 15 minutes for a robust flavor or 10 minutes for a milder one.
- Take out the tea bags.
- Add tea and the remaining 6 cups of water to your pitcher. Stir.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
This recipe makes two quarts. Notes:
- Some Southerners include baking soda in their recipes. This will remove any bitterness from the tannins released by the black tea leaves. I have learnt this technique throughout the previous few years. There will be no flavor of baking soda. My other relatives do not include it, therefore this is entirely optional.
- To brew a gallon of tea, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add 2 cups of sugar and 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda after removing from heat, and then steep 4 family-sized tea bags in 14 cups of cool water.
- When removing the tea bags, never pinch them. This may cause tannins to be released and create a bitter flavor.
- Never pour hot tea into a pitcher made of glass. It might cause the pitcher to break. If using a glass pitcher, allow the tea to cool before serving.
- For unsweetened tea, simply omit the sugar from the same instructions.
Calories: 97 kcal | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Sodium: 23 mg | Potassium: 1 mg | Sugar: 25 g | Calcium: 4 mg | Iron: 1 mg
How much baking soda should be added to one gallon of tea?
NEED MORE RECIPES? – Three family-sized tea bags 2 cups sugar ▢ 1/4 teaspoon baking soda for 1 gallon of water Cook Mode Prevent your display from turning off Bring half a gallon of water to a boil in a saucepan on the stove. Once the water reaches a rolling boil, pour it into a one-gallon pitcher.
- Add three family-sized tea bags and a quarter teaspoon of baking soda to the pitcher without stirring.
- Simply ensure that the bags are immersed in water.
- Set the timer for 15 minutes in the kitchen.
- After fifteen minutes, remove the tea bags.
- Do not squeeze tea bags before removing them; instead, allow them to trickle for one minute.
Add sugar and mix. Add the remaining half gallon of cold water to the pitcher and mix thoroughly. After several hours of chilling in the refrigerator, serve in a glass with ice. If you find the tea to be overly sweet, you may easily reduce the amount of sugar added.
The baking soda removes any bitterness from the tea. It is also useful for other purposes. Before boiling beans that have been soaked overnight and placed in a pot the following day, add a pinch of baking soda to the pot. It retains the flavor of beans at their peak. Calories: 97 kcal | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Sodium: 29 mg | Potassium: 1 mg | Sugar: 25 g | Calcium: 7 mg | Iron: 1 mg The author of “The Country Cook” is not a dietitian or nutritionist, and any nutritional information provided is an approximation.
If calorie count and other nutritional statistics are essential to you, we suggest using your preferred online nutritional calculator to analyze the contents. Calories might vary significantly depending on the brand utilized. Initial publication: January 2011 February 2022: Updated and reissued I am a typical home cook, like the majority of you, striving to provide my family with nutritious meals.