Note For Sugar Conversion From Ounces to Cups – In cooking, far more exact results can be achieved by measuring sugar by weight (2.5 ounces as opposed to 3/8 cup). Please be aware that the conversion of 2.5 ounces of sugar to cups might vary somewhat depending on room temperature, sugar quality, etc.
- However, if you substitute 2.5 ounces of sugar for 3/8 cup, you cannot go wrong.
- This 2.5 oz sugar to cups conversion is based on the relationship between 1 cup of white sugar and 7.05 oz.
- Oz is an abbreviation for ounce.
- The value of a cup is rounded to the closest 1/8, 1/3, or integer.
- For more exact results when converting ounce amounts less than 3 oz, try our converter.
Check out our conversion calculator by clicking on the link provided.2.5 oz Sugar to Cups Conversion – Online Unit Converter
How many ounces are in 2.5 cups?
2.5 cup = 2.5 × 8 = 10 fluid ounces.
Table of sugar weight to volume conversions
|Pounds||Cups (Granulated)||Cups (Brown)|
|2.25 lb||5 1/8 c||5 1/8 c|
|2.5 lb||5 2/3 c||5 2/3 c|
|2.75 lb||6 1/4 c||6 1/4 c|
|3 lb||6 3/4 c||6 3/4 c|
What is fifty percent of 2.5 ounces?
The response is 1.25.
To convert the density of powder to grams per milliliter, divide the density by 1,000. In this case, brown sugar has a density of 721 / 1,000 = 0.72 g/ml. To get the mass of the powder in 1 tbsp, multiply the powder’s density by the volume of 1 tbsp.1 tablespoon of brown sugar is equal to 14.8 x 0.721 = 10.67 grams in this case.