1 pound of sugar contains 2 cups. One pound of granulated sugar is about equivalent to two cups.
What would 1 kilogram of sugar weigh in pounds?
One kilogram of granulated sugar is 2.20 pounds when translated to pounds.
A cup of all-purpose flour contains 120 grams or 4.25 ounces.
Is 1 US cup equivalent to 1 UK cup?
US Cup to UK Cup Conversion Hello, Submitted by nathalie09 Answered on March 11, 2012 Howdy there. I would want to prepare a dish that originated in North America. Nevertheless, I am having difficulty with their dimensions. I purchased some measuring cups from the United Kingdom, but would they be suitable for an American recipe? Sincere thanks! I reside in Nigeria.
- I purchased the book How to Be a Domestic Goddess by Nigella when I was in Finland for the Christmas vacation, but since returning home I have been unable to determine the exact baking measurements.
- I am accustomed to grams, not cups.
- Please assist me with converting cups to grams. Thanks.
- Do you have a chart for converting grams to ounces? There is a little variation between British, European, and Australian cups and American cups.
The UK cup is 250ml and the US cup is 240ml, hence the UK half cup is 125ml and the US half cup is 120ml (quarter cups tend to be the same at 60mls). However, for the majority of recipes, the variation is negligible and will not influence the final product.
- For baking, it may be preferable to subtract two teaspoons from each cup measure to convert from UK to US units.
- One thing to check for in American recipes is how the flour is measured, as the results can vary greatly depending on whether the cup is filled by scooping the flour into it or by spooning the flour into it and then leveling it.
When in doubt, it is preferable to spoon the flour into the measuring cup and then level the top with a palette knife or thin-bladed spatula. Due to the fact that components are packed into cups differently, there is no “standard” weight for each cup, however we have shared typical measurements in the past (see link below).
- In addition, if you visit the Recipes area of Nigella’s website, you will discover a button labeled “Equivalents and Conversions” at the bottom of her recipes.
- This generates a table of frequent substitutions between the United Kingdom and the United States, as well as metric to imperial weight conversions.
http://www.nigella.com/kitchen-questions/view/3171: United States Cup to United Kingdom Cup Measurements
There are sixteen ounces in one pound.