- There are a few different ways that the tea tree oil combination may be applied to the skin, some of which are as follows: soaking a cotton ball in the oil and holding it against the afflicted nail for a few minutes
- Applying a thin amount of oil to the damaged nail using a cotton swab, then waiting for the oil to dry completely
- Putting the afflicted hands or feet in a tub filled with warm water and adding the oil to the water
After combining five drops of tea tree oil with a half ounce of carrier oil, mixing the two together, and then stirring the mixture into a pail of warm water, soak your feet in the solution for twenty minutes.During the time that you are recuperating, it is important to keep your nails tidy and well-trimmed.To remove any dead nails, clippers, scissors, or a nail file should be used in a clean environment.
How to get rid of toenail fungus permanently?
Using a toothbrush, scrape the damaged nails in a gentle circular motion in order to ensure that the oil penetrates the nail bed completely. Allow it to dry in its natural state. In the meanwhile, another option is to soak your feet in a solution that consists of water and four to five drops of tea tree oil.
How to use tea tree oil for nail filing?
Carry on with this method for approximately 15–20 minutes more. These treatments are most effective when carried out either in the morning or in the evening. It is vital to apply tea tree oil to the nail at least twice a day in order to maintain its effectiveness. If you want the greatest results, you should repeat the filing operation once or twice every week.
Can I put tea tree oil directly on my toenail?
It is a kind of essential oil that has been used historically as a therapy for bacterial and fungal infections. Applying it topically to nails affected by nail fungus shows promise, according to preliminary study. Nevertheless, more investigation is required. Tea tree oil should only be used topically if used for the treatment of toenail fungus.
How effective is tea tree oil for toenail fungus?
According to Krant, ″it is doubtful that tea tree oil can totally heal an established toenail fungal infection.″ This is because the infection tends to be situated in the nail matrix, also known as the ″root,″ which is located beneath the nail fold, or cuticle. However, pharmaceutical medications for fungal infections of the toenails are not always successful.
How do I know if my toenail fungus is dying?
The top five warning signals that the fungus on your toenails has gone nuclear
- The hue of the nails varies. It is not a good indicator for your nail health if it becomes yellow or white and chalky.
- Nail position varies. If your nail begins to curl in either a downward or an upward direction, you should be worried.
- Variations in the texture of the nails
- The fragrance of the nails shifts
- Nail feeling changes
Can you apply tea tree oil directly to feet?
Tea tree oil should not be used to the foot without first contacting a medical professional. There is a possibility of experiencing adverse effects, some of which include a rash, redness, blistering, and itching.
Can tea tree oil be used without diluting?
Tea tree oil should never be applied to the skin in its pure form. It is essential to dilute the oil with a carrier oil, such as almond oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or even sesame seed oil.
How do you dilute tea tree oil with water?
Mix 20 to 25 drops of tea tree oil with 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar in a spray container. This will dilute the tea tree oil enough that it may be used as an all-purpose cleaning solution. If you wish to use tea tree oil as a treatment for your acne, you need first dilute it. You can do this by adding one to three drops of the oil to your cleanser or moisturizer.
What is the fastest home remedy for toenail fungus?
The following are the top six natural treatments available:
- White Vinegar. When diluted in lukewarm water, white vinegar, also known as acetic acid, is an effective antifungal agent that can help remove fungus.
- Listerine with White Vinegar.
- Oil from Tea Tree
- Urea Paste.
- Pau D’arco Tea.
- Vicks VapoRub.
What kills toenail fungus fast?
- Medications Oral antifungal medicines. These medications are frequently the first option since they are able to eradicate the illness more rapidly than topical medications
- A nail paint that contains medicine. It’s possible that your physician will recommend using an antifungal nail polish called ciclopirox (Penlac)
- A medicated cream for the nails
What is the fastest way to cure toenail fungus?
Laser therapy of the infected toenail is the most effective and expedient method for eradicating the infection. Laser nail treatment eliminates the bacteria living beneath your nails while preserving the keratin layer. The infection can be completely cured with only a few treatments over the course of time.
Should I cut off my fungus toenail?
Removal of the infected nail(s): If you have a serious infection or if other treatments just aren’t effective, your dermatologist may prescribe that you remove the infected nail(s) in order to get rid of the infection.
Will toenail fungus ever go away?
Perhaps it doesn’t hurt, and the thick, yellow nails don’t bother you too much either. However, nail fungus does not clear up on its own over time. And if you choose not to treat it, there is a possibility that it will get even more severe. It’s possible that it will spread to your other nails or to other parts of your body.
What is the white hard stuff under my toenails?
According to Batra, this condition is referred to as onychomycosis or tinea unguium in the medical field.A chalky material that is white or yellow in color might develop under the nail plate as a result of the keratin in the nail being broken down by the fungal infection.The nail plate will often become pushed up off of the nail bed when keratin debris spreads under the nail as a result of this condition.